In response to the growing youth unemployment in Uganda today and, the growing threat of cyber security locally and internationally, Uganda Technology And Management University (UTAMU) has designed and is offering 250 bursaries in selected programmes to equip students with the 21st century entrepreneurship skills relevant for job creation.
The programmes are;
- Diploma in Computing
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Security and Forensics,
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance
- Bachelor of Project Planning and Management
Terms and Conditions
- Qualified candidates must apply and meet the minimum entry requirements for Diploma and Degree programmes as per the UTAMU admission guidelines available on the website (www.utamu.ac.ug)
- Candidates will be selected on merit basis
- The bursary will cover 50% of the tuition fees per the specified period of time in the curriculum
- The maximum slots available for each of the programmes above are 50 slots.
- Study time for these programmes is strictly day (8am-4pm).The Closing date is Monday, 31st July 2017
Tuition and Bursary structure
| Programme || Study years || Tuition per year (UGX) || Bursary (UGX) |
| Diploma in Computing || 2 || 1,400,000 || 700,000 |
| Diploma in Business Administration || 2 || 1,200,000 || 600,000 |
| Bachelor of Science in Computer Security and Forensics || 3 || 2,400,000 || 1,200,000 |
| Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance || 3 || 2,300,000 || 1,150,000 |
| Bachelor of Project Planning and Management || 3 || 2,200,000 || 1,100,000 |
For more admission details, please contact Ms Anita Ashaba on firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Lumu Emmanuel Muyingo on email@example.com or call +256-790-914-427, +256-750-599-736.
- At direct entry, a candidate must have at least one principal pass and two subsidiary passes attained at the same sitting of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) – or its equivalent.
- At certificate entry, a candidate must have at least three passes obtained at the same sitting of Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent as well as a Credit Certificate in any course from any institution recognised by the National Council of Higher Education.
- At direct entry, a candidate must have at least two principal passes in UACE or its equivalent at the same sitting
- At diploma entry, a candidate must have at least 2nd class lower division in Business Administration, Management, IT, Statistics, Development Economics, Library Studies or a related field.
- At mature entry, a candidate must have sat and passed the university mature age entry examinations from a recognized Centre. To sit for university mature age, the candidate must have age of at least 25 years.
HOW TO APPLY
Option 1: Visit UTAMU Campus located in Plot 6, Erisa Road, Kiswa, Bugolobi with all your academic documents and apply.
Option 2: Apply Online: www.utamu.ac.ug/undergraduateform Attach all your academic documents and submit online.
Option 3: Download an application form at; www.utamu.ac.ug, print out the form, fill the required sections, scan the document and send it back with all your academic documents OR come with the filled form and submit it to the registry.