In 1994, with faith and a dream, Agnes Mukasa started a nursery school in her son Ssebusolo’s garage. It was there in the small village of Kyanja that Agnes took in the first four students and gave them a safe place to learn and be cared for. With so many orphans and poor children in the area needing education, the news of the school spread like bush fire.
Armed with a fierce determination to make school available to children regardless of financial ability, Agnes and her family acquired four acres of land and built a new structure. The nursery school moved out of the garage and into what is now known as Brain Tree Primary School.
Brain Tree Primary School aims to:
1) actively raise the academic standards of children in the area,
2) offer quality education regardless of financial ability,
3) furnish facilities for the local youth, and
4) provide employment opportunities for the people of the area,
5) all within a self-sustaining environment.