At the School
3Km South of Arua town
Applications close date:
Sunday 31st August 2014
Salary Scale: (M2)
Responsible to: Vice Chancellor
Tenure of appointment:
A five (5) year contract, renewal once, subject to good performance
1) To assist the Vice Chancellor in performance of his or her functions and in that regard, be responsible for the academic affairs of the university.
2) In the absence of the Vice Chancellor, he/she performs the functions of the Vice Chancellor.
3) To perform such other functions that may be delegated to him or her by the Vice Chancellor or assigned by the University Council.
1) Initiates, and promotes policies, plans and programs that enhance the academic and professional excellence of the University.
2) Coordinates the development of University curriculum for all courses and oversees review of such programmes as and when necessary.
3) Over sees the Management of University examination processes.
4) Oversees the selection and admission of qualified students.
5) Initiate and coordinates the development of research activities and programmes and networking.
6) Supervise Staff and identifies training needs and recommends appropriate training.
The applicant should be:
1) Known in international circles especially academic ones.
2) Visionary and strategic thinker.
3) Receptive to change.
4) Able to inspire confidence and loyalty.
5) A person of integrity and sensitive to quality and equity.
6) Having a track record of ability to mobilize and manage resources.
7) A team player.
1) A PhD from a recognized Institution.
2) Demonstrated outstanding academic credentials; administrative experience and capability.
3) Demonstrated experience in teaching, research and service to the public of not less than five (5) years in a recognized Institution.
4) Demonstrated computer literacy skills.
5) Being a Professor is an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Interested and qualified persons are invited to submit six (6) copies of their applications together with the following:
a) A detailed, signed and up-to-date clearly highlighting all elements of eligibility criteria and personal attributes plus names and contacts of three referees.
b) A list of research publications.
c) Copies of the candidate’s academic documents.
2. Sealed applications marked “CONFIDENTIAL”: POSITION OF VICE CHANCELLOR Or DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR (ACADEMIC AFFAIRS) on the top right-hand corner of the envelope must be forwarded or delivered to reach the University Secretary on the address indicated below, not later than Thursday 30th April 2015 at 04.00 p.m. East African time.
3. Applications should be addressed to:
THE UNIVERSITY SECRETARY
P. O. BOX 725
ARUA - UGANDA
4. The electronic applications may be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Thursday 30th April 2015 at 04.00 pm East African time.
5. Those who had earlier applied need not re-apply .
6. For more information please visit our website www.muni.ac.ug OR email us on email@example.com OR call Telephone Number 0476420312 / 0772467112 during office hours.