At the School
3Km South of Arua town
Applications close date:
Sunday 31st August 2014
Salary Scale: M1
Responsible to: University Council
The successful candidate will be an innovative, visionary leader with the capacity to build a dynamic management team. In particular the Vice Chancellor will be a widely experienced individual with wide knowledge of national, regional and international status and trends of higher education, with capacity to execute a strategic change programme to ensure the sustainability of the University.
In accordance with Section 31 of the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act, the Vice Chancellor shall:
(a) Be responsible for the academic, administrative and financial affairs of the University; and
(b) In the absence of the Chancellor, preside at ceremonial assemblies of the University and confer degrees and other academic titles and distinctions of the University.
The key functions of the Vice Chancellor shall be to:
1. Spearhead the development and review of the University’s Strategic plan designed to achieve academic and professional excellence. 2. Promotes an understanding of the vision and mission of the University.
3. Initiates and co-ordinates the development and review of policies, plans and programs of the University in line with the University strategic plan
4. Mobilizes and solicits for resources necessary for the implementation of the University plans and programs.
5. Presents University Management’s policy initiatives, programmes, activities and recommendations to the University Council for consideration.
6. Responsible to the University Council for the general conduct and discipline of staff and students.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Must have an earned Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree from a University recognized by National Council for Higher Education.
2. Being a Professor or an Associate Professor is an added advantage.
3. Must have an outstanding academic credentials and a demonstrated administrative experience and capability.
4. Must have a demonstrated experience in teaching, research and service to the public of not less than five (5) years in recognized institution(s).
5. Should have extensive knowledge, experience of Higher Education systems acquired at a senior position for at least five (5) years.
1. Good leadership, inter-personal, communication, and negotiation skills.
2. Demonstrated computer literacy skills.
3. High degree of personal integrity.
4. Ability to manage resources to achieve set goals.
An attractive remuneration package shall be paid in accordance with the University Terms and Conditions of Service.
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT A five year contract, renewable once, subject to good performance.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Interested and qualified persons are invited to submit six (6) copies of their applications together with the following:
2. Sealed applications marked “CONFIDENTIAL”: POSITION OF VICE CHANCELLOR Or DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR (ACADEMIC AFFAIRS) on the top right-hand corner of the envelope must be forwarded or delivered to reach the University Secretary on the address indicated below, not later than Thursday 30th April 2015 at 04.00 p.m. East African time.
3. Applications should be addressed to: THE UNIVERSITY SECRETARY MUNI UNIVERSITY P. O. BOX 725 ARUA - UGANDA
4. The electronic applications may be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Thursday 30th April 2015 at 04.00 pm East African time.
5. Those who had earlier applied need not re-apply .
6. For more information please visit our website www.muni.ac.ug
email us on email@example.com
call Telephone Number 0476420312 / 0772467112 during office hours.