This is the oldest Nursing and Midwifery School in Uganda. It was the first School for Nursing and Midwifery in Uganda and East Africa as a whole, and is known as the heart of medicine in Uganda. The School was founded by Mrs. Catherine Cook (then wife to Sir Albert Cook, the Founder of Medicine in Uganda.). She started by training 8 Enrolled Midwives in 1917, and in 1928 she started training Enrolled Nurses.
With time new programmes were introduced:
Courses offered at the School:
The School is affiliated to: Ministry of Education and Sports (BTVET), Uganda Nurses and Midwives Examination Board, Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council and the Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau.
Vision of the School
To be a Centre of Excellence in the Production of Comprehensively Trained Nursing Professionals.
Mission of the School
“To produce a highly competent and responsible Nurse with a positive attitude, guided by Christian values to deliver holistic health care services