The College opened on 23 March 1902, with 13 students, by the Mill Hill Missionaries, and was the first post-primary boarding school in Uganda. It was started with a two-fold purpose: to train Catechists for evangelism and to educate the sons of chiefs. The aims and objectives of the school were summarized in the motto “Education for Responsibility”, which was adopted to guide students and teachers alike. Later, the motto “Nisi Dominus” was adopted in line with the Catholic foundation of the school.
We are one of the most prestigious schools in Uganda, owing to its history, influence, excellent academic performance and dominance in sports. It is the oldest secondary school in Uganda
The College has ten residential houses and a hostel. The "O" Level students reside in the residential houses while the "A" Level students reside in Minderop Hostel, named after Father James Minderop (MHM), the first Headmaster of the College. The ten residential houses are: