The Ugandan School for the Deaf is the first school for the Deaf in Uganda. It was established in 1959 by the Uganda Society for the Deaf at Namirembe Hill on a leased land from the church of Uganda. The School is a Government aided Primary School bringing together all categories of Deaf children, including Deaf children with multiple disabilities. The school moved to its new site at Ntinda, plot 18 Ntinda road, 5 kms from Kampala city in 1989.
The school's primary task is to cater for the education, interests and special needs of the Deaf children in Uganda.
The school offers primary education with pre-vocation skills in Carpentry, Tailoring, Home Sciences, and Agricultural Practice.